The University of Illinois, Ph.D. (Education) 1985
Born in the Austrian Alps, grew up in the northwest Australian outback, is Professor Emerita at The Ohio State University. Prior to her recent retirement, she was Professor in English Education at OSU from 1986-2012. From 2006-2012, created and ran the Holistic Education Focus Area for the M.A. in the College of Education & Human Ecology at OSU; founder (2010) of The Hospital Poets Program for The Ohio State University Medicine and the Arts Program; monthly Poetry & Writing Workshops for the James Care for Life Program at the Stephanie Spielman Breast Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio (2010-2014); workshops and presentations on language, writing, literary response, poetry (1994-2012); created and continues to provide graduate and professional development courses and workshops on Experiencing Poetry for the Human Resource Professional, and Language as a Field of Energy in Education and Social Sciences.
- PH.D. University of Illinois, (1985).
- M.Arts (English/Language/Australian Literature). University of Sydney, Australia.
- B.Arts (English Literature/Australian History), University of Western Australia Teaching Certificate: Dept of Education (Western Australia). Secondary English & History).
Other current professional activities:
- Professor Emeritus, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
- Adjunct Professor (Academic and Professional Writing). Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD), Columbus, Ohio.
- Chair, Medicine and the Arts Roundtable (2017-current)/Member. Medicine and the Arts Board (2017-current) The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- Founder and Current CoConvener, Hospital Poets. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Medicine and the Arts (2011-continuing).
Areas of expertise and interest (overview):
- Language as we Live It(Language as a Field of Energy)
- Language as Social Construction and Discourse Analysis
- Language and Wellbeing
- Poetry/Poetry Reading and Writing and Wellbeing
- Educating the Whole Person (Holistic Education)